Friday, March 31, 2017

3rd Quarter Reflections


    It is the end of third quarter and the beginning of spring break. One thing i loved to do in ELA is when we do fun blogs. In the blogs I get to learn more about how to write more better paragraphs and about the topic we are learning about. But yes, I have trouble here and there but I ask for help and i would understand it more better. During 3rd quarter i have been improving on my blogs and getting much better on writing them. Also researching things that are important on a topic that the class is learning about.

In 3rd quarter i have been reading lots of books. One of my favorite books that i have read was Night. It was a class read book activity but i loved it actually. Night was about the holocaust which was depressing. But in the book it showed me lots of things that I did not know about and how kids our age or even younger went through that or just people in particular. I also have read a book called The Fill-In Boyfriend, It is about this girl who got dumped on prom in the driveway and now she has to look for a date but then a boy in a red truck comes to her rescue and becomes her “Fill-In date” to prom. I loved this book because it is about teenagers and it shows how she goes through it.

In 3rd quarter I felt accomplished because i have improved on my writing and also on vocabulary tests.But in 1ts and 2nd quarter i did not do so well. But then 3rd quarter came and i improved on my grades and also my writing and vocabulary. One thing I liked that we did in 3rd quarter is when the whole 8th grade ELA classes went to the Holocaust museum. I liked it cause I got to explore not only by pictures and book but see things that have been used back then when the holocaust happened. I also liked how i actually got to meet up with a real survivor that actually was involved in the holocaust.


No comments:

Post a Comment