Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Final Reflection



This year I learned a lot from this class. But one important thing I learned and liked about the most is when my ELA class were learning about the Holocaust. I learned so much about the Holocaust that I really liked when we had the homework for the subject. Our class also went the the Holocaust Museum where we got to meet a real Holocaust survivor. Another subject is when my ELA class learned about how to right perfectly. This helped me a lot through this year. I also say that I improved a lot over this year. And I can say that, now, it would be a little more easier for next year when I start writing essays. I could also use the TIQA format. Another important thing I learn this year is, in Social Studies my class learned about credit cards, debit cards, and how we can do better if we ever own a home, car, insurance, etc.

  One thing that I would remember this year, for the rest of my life, Is when we were learning about the Holocaust. The Holocaust was the most tragic part that happened to people. And no one knew about it. I would remember this my whole life because it's important to know and remember horrible things that, when you were little you never knew about until now. I would also remember when we went to the Holocaust Museum and met a real life survivor. It was amazing how I actually got to meet a real life survivor.

The nicest thing the someone did for me in this class was Lael. She is one of the nicest people you would ever meet, but once you get her upset or mad she is not in her best mood. What she did for me was that she was there through the tough thing that happened to me this year. What it was, was that my grandma was in the hospital and she was getting dementia, and it was coming fast. But their was Lael trying to keep me happy. And she did. She is one of the most important people to have in one's life, because just that one friend can make you happy for the day and the rest of your life.

I taught my teacher and classmates that I can have my moody days and great days. But when i'm in a moody day I have this really bad attitude and just irritates other people around me. So I just rather not talk and just try to stay calm and relaxed. I usually regret that I talked back to a teacher once. But after the so called moody day I went to the teacher and told them that I was sorry for giving them a really bad attitude. And knowing them, they would forgive me and give me another chance.

The most improvements I have made was in math. I used to not get math at all. But now I feel more confident on when i'm taking a test. I feel like I can do better in math but I just don't try to do my best like I am supposed too. The thing that I am most proud of accomplishing this year is doing better in every subject I had than the last year. And acceding some of my expectation that I had for school this year.

The most challenging part for me this year was when in ELA we had to write blogs. I mean some blogs were easy and I can do. But some I just didn't know how to do them or what to write about. I also had a struggle with asking for help when I needed it the most. It was really challenging to ask for help because i'm always used to doing things by myself. But next year I am going to ask for help when I need it and not be shy to ask.

The best piece of writing I did this year was when in ELA we were doing a This I Believe speech.  My speech was about how family is the most important thing in your life than anybody else in the whole entire world. They are always their when you are in the not so good days. This is the best writing piece I did this year because not only me but everybody else in my classroom gets to know how I feel about family and loss. And how they are always with you. That's important to me because I can share these things with the whole class and also my teacher.

One of the books I read this year was Night. This was my favorite book I read this year because I learned about a real life holocaust survivor and I got to learn more about the Holocaust and how people were treated and seen by other people. Even though I did not do some of the work I still get that pain that Elie felt and the others, during this horrible event that happened years ago. But I was also surprised because I never heard of the Holocaust before until now in 8th grade.

I would give the students that to be ready for all of the hard work that they would do. And how much fun they would have, but also sad. To me, in the beginning, this class was difficult for me. But I over grew that over the past quarters. I got so used to writing blogs that they were now easy for me. I would also give an advise to all the student that they need to have all their work done on time because before you know it the quarter is already ending and you still haven't done the blog that was due in the beginning of the quarter.







No comments:

Post a Comment